The appearance of Search.jambands.com is a dangerous PC malware which can access the vulnerable PC surreptitiously via social networks, unsafe websites, free software, spam messages and other sources. It can damage your system by performing malicious activities and pose direct risk to your privacy by stealing your personal and online banking credentials.
Search.jambands.com changes your default homepage or search page will be changed and you be redirected to a new search engine which looks like Google or other authoritative search engine and also provides similar search services. Whenever you will be trying to visit any sites or browse the internet, Search.jambands.com virus program will automatically redirect your real browser on some unwanted sponsoring hypertext links.
As soon as the adware reaches your system, it starts its annoying behavior. It will not only cause redirects to Search.jambands.com and other websites that sponsor it, but it will also modify your browser settings and insert advertisements into your favorite pages. The Search.jambands.com domain well present you with a search box (Jam Bands Search), links to news articles, date and time, etc. Other pages and other ads that you will see while surfing the Web will also have to do with promoting the hijacker’s sponsors. None of them are endorsed by the app, so you click on the ads and the links at your own risk. We urge you not to do that. Instead, we advise that you eliminate Search.jambands.com and its related program from your browsers and your computer.
Search.jambands.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Search.jambands.com virus from the browser
First of all, Search.jambands.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Search.jambands.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Search.jambands.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Search.jambands.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Search.jambands.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Search.jambands.com!
Video guide on how to remove Search.jambands.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.jambands.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.