Search.bookmyflight.co is a browser hijacker brutally chaining the home page of your favorite browser. When you start it you will notice that Search.bookmyflight.co is set up in the beginning and is offering you to start your browsing with it. The hijacker is advertised as some useful utility that gives you quick links to popular websites. But in reality, its abilities to provide you with decent search results are absolutely primitive. The hijacker instead redirects you to many dangerous places in the web, through which your compute may become infected with tons of other malicious applications.
Search.bookmyflight.co and BookMyFlight have been advertised by their developers as an innovative search engine which is supposed to furnish you with the most relevant search results. Whereas in reality it is absolutely good for noting when it comes to obtaining any decent answers to your queries. Instead, the hijacker has been designed specifically to play the role of spyware and adware in your PC. Here is what it does:
Search.bookmyflight.co is installed whenever users fail to be duly careful. Often they just blindly click on Next or I agree buttons, without really understanding what they agree with. Hence, this is exactly the way they permit various junk utilities to be installed into their PCs by default. With this hijacker enabled, users experience a lot of difficulties while browsing the web. As soon as the type some search queries they will instead be redirected to many other dangerous places in the web, through which their PCs may become infected even more.
We suggest that you get rid of Search.bookmyflight.co virus from your PC by thoroughly scanning the system with a proven virus removal application. You will need to delete the infections it finds and to reset your browsers as demonstrated in the tutorial below.
Automatic removal tool for Search.bookmyflight.co:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for Search.bookmyflight.co:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.bookmyflight.co virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by Search.bookmyflight.co:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: