Save URLs is the unwanted browser extension. As you may have already guessed, this extension is supposed to provide you with quick access to various radio stations available online. The extension also alters your browser settings and causes other modifications that are not exactly useful to you. This is one of the reasons why it falls into the category of potentially unwanted programs. Although it is not a malicious threat, you should know that it will lower your online safety level and disrupt your surfing. If you wish to go back to normal web browsing, you will have to terminate Save URLs and its related extension.
Save URLs spreads online in free software bundles. It does not have an official site, where it could be downloaded, so, instead, it gets attached to free third party software. When you install freeware, you get presented with additional offers. If you fail to notice them, you agree to these offers automatically. It is possible that this is how you acquired the application. In order to avoid similar situations in the future, you should be more attentive during freeware installation and always choose the Advanced mode, so that you can deselect all apps that are unnecessary to you.
Once Save URLs extension gets access to your browsers, it alters their settings. Your home page, new tab, and default search provider get replaced with Save URLs. It usually presents you with a search box and such quick access buttons as Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and some others. If you enter a query into the search box, you will get results from Yahoo. Please note that they will include sponsored links. You are also likely to notice various ads on other websites that you visit. We advise that you avoid interacting with them as they may be unsafe. If you wish get rid of these ads, you will have to delete Save URLs from your browsers.
Step by step instructions how to remove Save URLs virus.
STEP 1. Remove Save URLs virus from the browser
First of all, Save URLs is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove Save URLs virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Save URLs virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Save URLs browser extension!
STEP 3. Save URLs prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Save URLs virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.