safesearch.top – is a typical malicious adware, that infects popular browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. After infecting, hijacker replaces homepage and default search engine by safesearch.top. This website contains search bar, but everything it does is scanning whole user browser activity. It is not good, because your privacy is not safe. That is why many users recommend to remove safesearch.top from browser and computer. Don’t forget to restore previous browser settings.
Step by step instructions how to remove safesearch.top virus.
STEP 1. Remove safesearch.top virus from the system
First of all, safesearch.top is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove safesearch.top virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying safesearch.top browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove safesearch.top virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove safesearch.top from your system completaly:
STEP 3. safesearch.top prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with safesearch.top virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.