QuikLogin browser extension will get installed on the computer without user’s consent. This is precisely the reason why it was named as potentially unwanted program or PUP. As you surf the net, QuikLogin may annoy you by displaying advertisements and occasional browser redirects. There are also times that unwanted add-on such as this can manipulate certain settings on the browser. It is usually by accident that QuikLogin gets inside the computer system. Users are just a victim of malicious programs bundled into one attractive piece of product. Normally, they will disguise as important freeware, software update, or media player. Once said program is installed, other hidden files and nasty add-on like QuikLogin is also get loaded not specific to computer user.
Existence of QuikLogin inside Google Chrome or any other browser program implies that something is wrong with the computer. It is due to adware presence that have managed to sneak into the system and installed QuikLogin without asking for user’s permission.
Technically speaking, QuikLogin acts as conveyor for a number of advertisements to show up on your browser. It appends configuration on your Internet application in order to implicate payload such as pop-up ads as well as browser redirection. The sole purpose of QuikLogin is to deliver ads and endorse products that greatly benefit its authors. In short, the subject is a profit-generating extension.
QuikLogin hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove QuikLogin virus from the browser
First of all, QuikLogin is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by QuikLogin, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and QuikLogin has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that QuikLogin hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove QuikLogin traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed QuikLogin!
Video guide on how to remove QuikLogin from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with QuikLogin in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.