Private.dogpile.com is a dubious search engine and a browser hijacker. It must have entered your computer along with free software and you did not notice it being attached. In this case, you need to start paying more attention to how you install freeware. Fortunately, Private.dogpile.com is a very low-risk infection that simply aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored websites. Your browser’s settings will be changed and you will redirected to those web pages. You need to be careful when dealing with hijackers, even if they are not very dangerous. You could be directed to a malicious page and end up with malware on your computer. Browser hijackers can be very irritating and should be taken care of as soon as possible. Remove Private.dogpile.com.
Private.dogpile.com used the bundling method to enter your computer. It was attached to free software in a way that allows it to install alongside it. The bundled items can be deselected but the users first needs to be aware of them. If you choose Default settings during freeware installation, you will not be able to deselect anything, you might not even be informed of the items. Which is why you need to choose Advanced (Custom) settings. You will see a clear list of what has been added and you can deselect all of them. To prevent unwanted installations and to avoid having to delete Private.dogpile.com or similar, always use Advanced mode.
Private.dogpile.com will hijack all of your major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. Your browser’s settings will be changes and you will not be able to undo the changes until you remove Private.dogpile.com. Your homepage and new tabs will be set to Private.dogpile.com and you will be redirected there every time you open your browser. When you search for something using the provided search bar, you might encounter quite a few of advertisements among the search results. Private.dogpile.com aims to generate traffic for those sites by redirecting you there. We do not suggest you click on any of them, as they might not all be reliable. You could end up on a malware-ridden website and pick up a virus, if you are not careful. You should uninstall Private.dogpile.com as soon as possible.
Step by step instructions how to remove Private.dogpile.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Private.dogpile.com virus from the system
First of all, Private.dogpile.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Private.dogpile.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Private.dogpile.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Private.dogpile.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Private.dogpile.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Private.dogpile.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Private.dogpile.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.