Popcash.net is classified as a potentially unwanted application due to its distribution method and some of the actions that it takes once inside the system. It is promoted as an app that can provide users with maps and driving directions. It belongs to Mindspark Interactive Network, a company that created lots of similar programs to earn revenue by employing the pay-per-click system. Computer users do not benefit from this type of software, instead, they have to deal with never-ending ads, redirects, and other interruptions. That is why we suggest that you uninstall Popcash.net from your PC.
The bundling distribution method used by potentially unwanted apps like Popcash.net is meant to trick users into installing them unwittingly. The apps come in free software bundles and are offered to you during the setup. Unfortunately, not all users pay attention to the installation wizard, so they unknowingly agree to adding the unnecessary components onto their computers. This can be avoided by simply choosing the Advanced (or Custom) installation mode and declining all offers that are shown in it.
Once the toolbar gets access to your PC, it starts appearing in your browsers right above the address bar. It contains such buttons as Get Directions, Map Links, Traffic, Subway Maps, and more. It also has a search box. The app may change your browser settings replacing your home page and default search engine. Moreover, you will begin to notice various ads no matter which websites you visit. These ads are brought to you by the toolbar, and each time you click on them, Mindspark makes money. The problem with that is that the advertisements not only slow down your browsing, but they also could lead you to dangerous pages. If you do not wish to risk your computer’s safety, you should eliminate Popcash.net from your browsers.
Step by step instructions how to remove Popcash.net virus.
STEP 1. Remove Popcash.net virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Popcash.net virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Popcash.net browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Popcash.net virus from your browser
First of all, Popcash.net is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Popcash.net from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Popcash.net prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Popcash.net virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.