PC Mechanic application appears without any reasons and confuses users with own presence on the computer. This software is not absolutely illegal as users permit the installation of such software themselves. This item leads to negative consequences that spoil normal functioning of the device and does not allow to surf the Internet without irritation. Use our short guide you see below to do everything successfully.
The behavior of PC Mechanic application can be unpredictable as this malware is able to hit browser with a bunch of pop-ups, make redirections to the random sites with suspicious or useless for Internet visitors content and it can even steal sensitive information. After the period of malware presence, hackers may exploit the situation and get access to the whole system.
What is interesting to know about PC Mechanic PUPs is that they appear in the system after user’s consent. Of course, they occur not because of the direct intention, as a rule, users just do not know that they permit the installation of malware samples together with cost-free utilities. Cyber criminals attach malicious software to various applications to find the way to the system and conduct own activities. To prevent their malicious goals we recommend avoiding random surfing the Internet and unknown social networks. Use anti-malware detector to block the possibility of remote control over your device. Reconsider the current situation of your security, if it is not appropriate, improve the situation with additional tools.
PC Mechanic PUPs are not dangerous if you deal with them just when they appear and do not ignore their presence. Anti-malware tracker like GridinSoft Anti-Malware can detect all unwanted applications of this type and delete them easily.
PC Mechanic removal guide
STEP 1. Remove PC Mechanic virus from the browser
First of all, PC Mechanic is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by PC Mechanic, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and PC Mechanic has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that PC Mechanic hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove PC Mechanic traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed PC Mechanic!
Video guide on how to remove PC Mechanic from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with PC Mechanic in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.