How do I remove PC Defender Plus virus?
There are many fake security programs in the cyber world today. PC Defender Plus is one of the latest examples of them, by the way. This application bypasses all available security barriers on your system. It ignores the frontiers installed by your antivirus software. In some cases users don’t have any antivirus software installed on their workstation. This very well explains the reasons for the rogue’s successful infiltration into your system. It doesn’t care whether you want to see it on your system or not. Thus, it gets into your computer without your consent, knowledge or approval.
What happens after PC Defender Plus scam is inside of your system? The virus immediately begins to implement its numerous evil plots. First, it makes unauthorized amendments of your PC by adding certain new registry entries or modifying some existing ones. After this is carried out successfully the program begins to appear each time you actually switch the PC on.
What are the consequences of PC Defender Plus virus presence on your PC? There are many, in fact, and all of them are surely really annoying. We can distinguish the following unpleasant occurrences:
- Unauthorized startups of malware with each Windows login
- Fake system scans of PC Defender Plus accompanied by bogus virus reports
- The bunch of annoying fake virus warnings, alerts, popups and notifications
- Possible browser redirections to various unwanted web sites
- Possible blockage of Task Manager, legitimate security applications and your browser on the part of PC Defender Plus scam
- Permanent offers by malware program for you to buy its fake license which can’t remove real security threats and infections
It is clear that the only goal of PC Defender Plus malware is to make users buy its fake and helpless license. The truth, of course, is that this is the total waste of your money. This program is totally helpless when it comes to removal of real malwares. Be wise not to obey the fraudulent offers of malware makers who elaborated this scam.
If you have already mistakenly become the victim of frauds and purchased PC Defender Plus virus please immediately get in touch with your good bank and tell them that you’ve purchased a rogue security software. Please cancel the charges made via your bank or other financial institution. Finally, to get rid of PC Defender Plus scareware, please follow the guide below that will explain all the necessary steps for successful removal of this hoax from your system.
Removal guide to delete PC Defender Plus virus:
- Run GridinSoft Trojan Killer. For this purpose click “Win+R” and type the direct link for the program’s downloading – https://trojan-killer.net/download.php
- Install GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Important! If your PC is totally blocked and any attemps to launch the computer in such manner are in vain, use this method. First, take your USB Flash drive / Memory Stick and download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it to your USB Flash drive / Memory Stick. Get back to your infected PC and insert the USB Drive / Memory Stick into the respective USB slot.
(If you have Win 7 you need to click the right mouse button on the icon, click “Run as” and choose with administrator rights. If your PC is totally blocked and any attempts to launch the computer in such manner are in vain, use this method. First, take your USB flash drive / Memory Stick and download GridinSoft Trojan Killer installation file from this site https://trojan-killer.net/download.php and save it to your USB flash drive / Memory Stick. Get back to your infected PC and insert the USB Drive / Memory Stick into the respective USB slot, install and launch GridinSoft Trojan Killer.
Manual removal guide of PC Defender Plus virus:
PC Defender Plus associated files:
- %commonprograms%\PC Defender Plus\PC Defender Plus.lnk
- %commondesktopdir%\PC Defender Plus.lnk
- %commonprograms%\PC Defender Plus\Remove PC Defender Plus.lnk
- %commonprograms%\PC Defender Plus\PC Defender Plus Help and Support.lnk
PC Defender Plus associated registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.EXE\CONTENT TYPE = application/x-m
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.EXE\SHELL\OPEN\COMMAND\ISOLATEDCOMMAND = “%1” %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\.EXE\SHELL\RUNAS\COMMAND\ISOLATEDCOMMAND = “%1” %*
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN\PCDFSVC = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata\[random] /min
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\DISPLAYICON = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata\[random] ,0
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\DISPLAYNAME = PC Defender Plus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\INSTALLLOCATION = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL\PCDFDATA\UNINSTALLSTRING = %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\pcdfdata\[random] /tout