mymemory.exe is a dangerous process which may cause a lot of troubles for your computer. It is related to operation of mymemory browser hijacker. In order to delete this hijacker you will first need to get rid of mymemory.exe and other malicious processes associated with it. Then after all these malicious programs are deleted you may follow this removal guide to get rid of mymemory hijacker.
mymemory.exe is associated with the performance of several nasty browser hijackers in your computer, such as Amisites. Its mission is to protect these particular browser hijackers from being easily deleted by users simply by changing the home page. For example, you might access the settings of your browser and restore the home page back to google.com or other preferred site of your choice. However, mymemory.exe will perform its malicious function and will restore the hijacker’s page once you start your browser next time or after you restart the PC.
mymemory adware will be mentioned in your PC as a fully legal application. Well, this is because you personally took part in its installation. The adware is mentioned in your computer like that:
mymemory can also be seen when you open the Task Manager. The adware will be specified under the name of mymemory.exe. If you right-click on it you will then be suggested to open the containing folder, and thus you will be in the mymemory directory. The adware, of course, does not represent any value for you. It simply displays those intrusive advertisement banners and regularly distracts you from things that are really important to you.
Automatic removal tool for mymemory.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for mymemory.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with mymemory.exe virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by mymemory.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: