MoviesApp Search is a browser extension developed to make money by displaying endless pop-up ads. It states that it will help you save money and time when shopping online by delivering best deals to you directly. However, this application turns out to be an adware type and is unwanted by many computer users.
Installing MoviesApp Search do not only modify the current settings of Google Chrome. It is also the main cause of advertisements and pop-ups. Browser redirect issue may also come out from the affected application as this extension aims to deliver web traffic to partner’s web sites.
MoviesApp Search installs along with some freeware. This method calls bundling and means they are attached to free software as additional items that you can choose to not install. However, since they are set to install alongside, you need to manually deselect them to prevent installation. Thankfully, that can easily be done in Advanced or Custom settings of the freeware installation. When you choose those settings, you will see that certain items have been added to the program. If there is something, just uncheck the boxes and you can then proceed to install the freeware. If you realise that you have already installed it, you should remove MoviesApp Search.
Step by step instructions how to remove MoviesApp Search virus.
STEP 1. Remove MoviesApp Search virus from the system
First of all, MoviesApp Search is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove MoviesApp Search virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying MoviesApp Search browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove MoviesApp Search virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove MoviesApp Search from your system completaly:
STEP 3. MoviesApp Search prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with MoviesApp Search virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.