MetroWhiz is malicious browser extension, that adds search bar to the top of browser windows in Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. If user tries to type query in search box, it redirects to MetroWhiz dubious web page. It also generates random ads and redirects, when users surf internet. Be aware, that clicking on such ads may lead more viruses into your system.
MetroWhiz mostly comes as add-on, but sometimes it can be malicious program module or shortcut hijack. This toolbar is categorized as potentially unwanted program and it is recommended to remove it as soon as possible. We prepared this guide to remove MetroWhiz from browsers in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and XP.
MetroWhiz can infect computer when users install new programs. Installers of toolbars or hijackers are integrated inside the installers or downloaders of third party legal programs. Only attentive users spot the step where to decline installation of unwanted software. 90% of users just click through the process of installation quickly. In this case, we can recommend you to remove existing MetroWhiz infection immediately and take care of its prevention in the future.
Step by step instructions how to remove MetroWhiz virus.
STEP 1. Remove MetroWhiz virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove MetroWhiz virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying MetroWhiz browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove MetroWhiz virus from your browser
First of all, MetroWhiz is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove MetroWhiz from your system completaly:
STEP 3. MetroWhiz prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with MetroWhiz virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.