MaohaWiFi declare itself as an extension that claims to give your browser the ability to access multiple interesting sites. At first, most people who dealt with this adware never recognize the threat. Most of them accepted this extensuon as free software that offers various functions. It is too late for them to realize that they are installing a program that can bring troubles on the computer and Internet browser as well.
Upon installation, MaohaWiFi alters various settings on the browser. It changes configuration on home page which also influences the default search engine. The adware may also have an effect on how you search the web. It may redirect search results to various pages containing malicious links.
MaohaWiFi and most free multi-media software are being spread with the use of shareware. There is a technique called ‘bundling’ wherein multiple software and adware are compacted into one installation file. This way, MaohaWiFi or any malicious files are concealed within a freeware that is offered by several file-download web sites. This may be publicly categorized as computer virus due to its aggressive actions once installed on the PC. However, this extension is technically not a virus. It is deemed as potentially unwanted program (PUP) which in many cases needed to get installed manually by user who was tricked by tempting features of this program.
Step by step instructions how to remove MaohaWiFi virus.
STEP 1. Remove MaohaWiFi virus from the system
First of all, MaohaWiFi is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove MaohaWiFi virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying MaohaWiFi browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove MaohaWiFi virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove MaohaWiFi from your system completaly:
STEP 3. MaohaWiFi prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with MaohaWiFi virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.