In this guide we will explain how to remove Linkey – another potentially unwanted program, which actually doesn’t do any single good thing for your system. Basically, Linkey is nowadays actively distributed together with many other free programs, and it is your duty to pay attention to this fact. You must not allow any hidden installation to take place without your knowledge or approval.
Linkey is, by the way, pretty much related to a browser hijacker called default-search.net, and many similar browser hijackers as well. It actually prevents you from uninstalling default-search.net. Its main mission is not to allow you to remove all other absolutely not necessary and potentially unwanted applications, which could be installed onto your PC as a part of a bundled software installation.
By the way, if you try to remove default-search.net hijack anyway, you might be lucky, but instead of default-search.net you might see linkeyproject.com opening in each new tab of your browser. This is why it is very important that you do something with this Linkey. It is absoslutely useless, and it might be even harmful. Please follow the guide below that will help you to remove it from your system.
Linkey automatic remover:
Linkey removal milestones:
- Scan your PC with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to remove all forms of malware residing on your PC.
- Once the scan has been completed click “Apply” to remove all detected threats related to this particular hijacker.
- Shut down all your browsers which were attacked with this hijacker.
- In Trojan Killer’s open window click “Tools” and select “Reset browser settings“.
- Specify which particular browsers you want to be reset and what exactly you want to be reset:
- Once your choice has been made click “Reset browser settings” again.
- If you still have any problems related to its presence on your system, please get in touch with us through support link for additional assistance.