iMedia Start is a web site what what looks like an average site with search engine and allow user to find what they need on the Internet. Unfortunately, it’s classified as potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker, these rogue apps employ a deceptive software marketing method called “bundling” to infiltrate Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Safari and edge. This hijacker will change some setting so you will see iMedia Start (or any else malicious site) as your new home page, your search engine will be changed and the most awful thing is that iMedia Start will also install small programs with it what can also install some new virus stealthily.
iMedia Start can be installed if you have some virus on your computer or while you install some freeware. If you was randomly redirected to it, then you already have some viruses on your computer (or you skip installation of some freeware). This program can be installed without any notifications, so you should be careful and check every menu in the installation process. One simple rule can protect your computer from virus attack in the future.
So after iMedia Start become part of your system it will bring many changes into your computer. You will see iMedia Start.com as your new homepage and use its search engine as your default. Never ignore sites what was appearing on your computer without any notification. Only after removing of iMedia Start you can be calm for your personal information. Never ignore the sites what appeared randomly.
How to remove iMedia Start hijacker?
If your computer is infected with iMedia Start hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “iMedia Start” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for iMedia Start hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Buzzadexchange.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!