How to remove HPNotify.exe scam?
HPNotify.exe is a new malicious process, which is a part of many stubborn and very annoying browser hijackers today. For example, if you’ve heard about MyStartSearch or WebsSearches, then this HPNotify.exe process may be related to them. In this guide we will help you to understand how to remove this malware effectively.
The sole purpose of HPNotify.exe is to prevent you from removing such browser hijackers from your computer. Note that such problem may occur with browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. You may notice many strange problems, such as a different page to be set in the home page of these browsers. Also, you may also notice that all these browsers are permanently redirecting you through these websites, which don’t furnish you with any relevant search information.
On the other hand, when you try to change the home page of some specific hijacked browser back to google.com, or yahoo.com,you will still see that no matter what you do – this hijacker is still shown in the home page of your browser when you turn it on next time. This is all because of HPNotify.exe to be a part of your computer.
Another name for HPNotify.exe is called SearchProtect. Note that this program is totally malicious, so you need to remove it completely from your computer. In order to do it effectively please carefully follow the instructions set forth in the tutorial below. If you need more help on our part, please let us know.
HPNotify.exe malicious process removal:
HPNotify.exe malicious process removal steps:
- Download GridinSoft Trojan Killer and scan your computer with it.
- Click on “Apply” to remove all infections found after the scan is completed.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Trojan Killer click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button:
- Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes.