Herolpsafe.com is a low-quality engine that functions as a browser hijacker. It spreads online bundled with other freeware and shareware. You may have acquired it by accident. The hijacker is aimed at promoting its sponsors and thus earning money for its developers. It does not have any beneficial features that would make it for keeping in your system. If you wish to go back to your original browser preferences, you will have to delete Herolpsafe.com .
Main symptom of Herolpsafe.com is that it changes your browser settings. Your home page and default search engine get replaced with Herolpsafe. The website presents you with a search box and search parameters. If you see any ads on the main page or on other visited sites, you should be careful with them. These ads could be fake as they are not monitored by anyone. Clicking on a fake advert could lead to serious troubles.
Herolpsafe.com spread using a deceptive software distribution method called bundling. It is bundled with other free or pirated software you download from the internet. At the time of installation, the PUP program also gets installed. Once it enters in your computer it hijacks the options of all browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Internet Explorer.
Herolpsafe.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Herolpsafe.com page from the browser
First of all, Herolpsafe.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Herolpsafe.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Herolpsafe.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Herolpsafe.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Herolpsafe.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Herolpsafe.com!
Video guide on how to remove Herolpsafe.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Herolpsafe.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.