HDVideoPlayer.exe is an adware or also called potentially unwanted program (PUP). The application hdvideoplayer.exe, “Romono Setup” by Downloadious has been detected as adware by GridinSoft Anti-Malware with very strong indications that the file is a potential threat. The program is a setup application that uses the InnoSetup installer.
In a normal situation, HDVideoPlayer.exe is installed on the computer through another program or adware. It gets bundled to programs that are part of a pay-per-install scheme. In most cases, users are not aware of HDVideoPlayer.exe installation due to lack of information provided by the main program they prefer to download and install. This adware is installed by default as a part of a standard setup.
To this date, security experts dubbed HDVideoPlayer.exe as one kind of malware. It is integrated into the browser similar to viruses. In addition, it adds several functions to the system without asking for user’s permission. HDVideoPlayer.exe forces the installation of Windows Service, registry, and executable files.
Without the ability to prove itself as a worthy program, HDVideoPlayer.exe gains poor standing. Most computer users who came into contact with it perform immediate removal from their PC.
Automatic removal tool for HDVideoPlayer.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for HDVideoPlayer.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with HD Video Player virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by HDVideoPlayer.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: