HappySearch.org is a search engine that might be set on your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox browsers. Users who encounter this search engine believe that it is quite trustworthy and powerful because it has a search box that returns search results and contains easy-access links leading to Facebook, YouTube, eBay, Vimeo, Best Buy, and other similar web pages. Even though HappySearch.org looks quite good, the truth is that it is not, so the best would be to remove HappySearch.org from browsers for the sake of the system’s safety. We understand that not all the users know how to implement the HappySearch.org removal, so we have decided to help our readers. We are going to talk about the deletion process in a more detailed way in the last paragraph; however, you should still read this article from beginning to end because we will tell you why it is so important to get rid of this threat.
As HappySearch.org is a typical browser hijacker, we are sure that it will set itself on all your browsers. To be more specific, it will change your homepage and search provider. At first, it might seem that HappySearch.org is trustworthy and there is nothing wrong to use it to search for the information on the web. Unfortunately, the reality is quite different. Researchers have managed to find out that this search provider might provide users with unreliable search results. These search results might even take users to corrupted web pages instead of redirecting them to sites associated with the entered search query. This is the first reason why you have to delete HappySearch.org from your system. Of course, it is not the only one. It has been found that browser hijackers, including HappySearch.org, might gather information about users and their activities on the web. Even though it is primarily interested in non-personal information, it is known that it might gather all kinds of personal details as well. In other words, your privacy is at risk if you keep HappySearch.org on your browsers.
Researchers have managed to find out that there are several ways how HappySearch.org is distributed. Of course, they most often travel in software bundles with freeware and shareware, so users do not even understand when they get HappySearch.org browser hijacker. Unfortunately, this is the most popular distribution method used by adware, potentially unwanted programs, and other infections too. To prevent those untrustworthy programs from slithering onto your computer, you should install a security tool and always keep it there. It is advisable to download programs from reliable sources only if you do not want to remove HappySearch.org or another threat once again.
Step by step instructions how to remove HappySearch.org virus.
STEP 1. Remove HappySearch.org virus from the browser
First of all, HappySearch.org is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
STEP 2. Remove HappySearch.org virus from the system
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove HappySearch.org virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying HappySearch.org browser extension!
STEP 3. HappySearch.org prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with HappySearch.org virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.