Handy-Tab.com is a browser redirect virus, that changes default settings in all your browsers. This virus can produce tons of sponsored links instead of real search results and redirect it to partner web sites.
Handy-Tab.com generates vast numbers or popups, banners, in-text links, box messages and all sorts of thinkable online advertising materials. In worse situation, you may be redirected to spam websites which collect your private information and cheat you for money. It installs itself as a browser helper object, which influences some aspects of your browser program. It usually attacks Edge, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. The malware modifies the landing page for all search result and makes sure that it will be redirected to Handy-Tab.com. Also, it causes security bugs, thus remote attacker has chances to enter your system and make money on you.
Handy-Tab.com entered your system in a very tricky way called bundling. It means that this virus was attached to free app on the Web that you’ve downloaded lately. You may even do not suspect about its presence until your homepage and browser setting were changed. Our team strongly recommends you to remove this malware from your PC as soon as possible.
Handy-Tab.com hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Handy-Tab.com virus from the browser
First of all, Handy-Tab.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Handy-Tab.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Handy-Tab.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Handy-Tab.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Handy-Tab.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Handy-Tab.com!
Video guide on how to remove Handy-Tab.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Handy-Tab.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.