Remove GpuMiner.exe trojan coin miner (Step-by-step Guide)
The GpuMiner.exe relates to a Trojan Horse penetration that is possible on every PC with not appropriate level of security. It violates popular digital currency making trouble for its owners. There are several ways for invasion, we are going to share all of them to help you prevent future problems. Let’s have a look on this computer threat.
Once the GpuMiner.exe Trojan Miner or Bitcoin Miner as netizens called for the most frequently haunted cryptocurrency has the possibility to make a vulnerability in the system, so that many other hazardous items will be able to appear on the PC. Consequently, the presence of this malware is really dangerous and undesired.
Stuff like the GpuMiner.exe starts using 70% or even more of the CPU’s power for own purposes without direct permission of the PC owner that will have negative consequences if to say about computer efficiency. That happens because GpuMiner.exe spends computer’s power for its own benefits. All-in-all, you will find your computer exhausted as it is going to heat more than usually. It goes without saying, you don’t have a wish to change your CPU ahead of time. But hot temperatures result untimely death of your computer.
The process of the GpuMiner.exe will be especially negative for the PC efficiency. It is time to eliminate it unless you are ready to loss your workstation. Try to be careful with your online behavior and avoid suspicious links and random sites.
GpuMiner.exe removal guide
STEP 1. Remove GpuMiner.exe virus from the browser
First of all, GpuMiner.exe is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by GpuMiner.exe, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and GpuMiner.exe has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that GpuMiner.exe hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove GpuMiner.exe traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed GpuMiner.exe!
Video guide on how to remove GpuMiner.exe from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with GpuMiner.exe in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.