Googlesearch.me is a browser hijacker that install on Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox) via free software downloads. Googlesearch.me itself isn’t malicious but it will redirect you misleading websites and deliver search results from a shady web search engines. If your web browser is hijacked by the this homepage than your computer is infected with adware and Potentially Unwanted Programs(PUP).
Googlesearch.me provides users with irrelevant search results, mixed with all kinds of advertisements such as banners, pop-ups, in-text links and others. There is no way to escape the redirection and sooner or later you will mistakenly click on advertisements and will be redirected to dangerous sponsored website. Mostly those websites are phishing and will try to trick users into downloading some potentially unwanted programs and adware.
Normally, search hijacker such as Googlesearch.me is packed with free software. There are various kinds of free program that you may obtain from different servers and hosts. Installing this application will inject a code that will result to redirection of your internet browser program to Googlesearch.me.
Step by step instructions how to remove Googlesearch.me virus.
STEP 1. Remove Googlesearch.me virus from the system
First of all, Googlesearch.me is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Googlesearch.me virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Googlesearch.me browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Googlesearch.me virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Googlesearch.me from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Googlesearch.me prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Googlesearch.me virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.