Glurl.ru (terra.im) is a parasite. The dodgy program will offer you useful functions, such as a quick search. Furthermore, it may promises you to improve your browsing experience. But, it is a lie. The software cannot help internet surfers. It is a nasty software that will redirect you to malicious web sites. Really, Glurl.ru (terra.im) is deemed as a browser hijacker. The category of malware is not terrible infection. But usually, it may cause lots of troubles. You need to delete it.
In fact, Glurl.ru (terra.im) hijacker uses some additional extensions to monitor your activities online. Thus, it may track your data, habits online, favorite sites and other information, banking accounts, passwords. For this reason, we recommend you to remove the malware immediately. If people will use the nasty software to search helpful information, they may get more severe virus.
The use of a reliable removal tool may eliminate the problem. If you choose the anti-malware program, Glurl.ru (terra.im) virus will be removed quickly and effectively.
Glurl.ru (terra.im) hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Glurl.ru (terra.im) virus from the browser
First of all, Glurl.ru (terra.im) is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Glurl.ru (terra.im), and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Glurl.ru (terra.im) has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Glurl.ru (terra.im) hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Glurl.ru (terra.im) traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Glurl.ru (terra.im)!
Video guide on how to remove Glurl.ru (terra.im) from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Glurl.ru (terra.im) in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.