Just like Amisites.com and Trotux.com, Geevv.com looks like an average search engine what help users to navigate on the Internet. Unfortunately, all this site is a browser virus what infect million computers already. Geevv.com classified as potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker what can be installed randomly on your computer. This site is just a scam what unfortunately can infect all well known browsers include Edge, Safari, Mozila, Opera, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. This hijacker will change some setting so you will see Geevv.com (or any else malicious site) as your new home page, your search engine will be changed and the most awful thing is that Geevv.com will also install small programs with it what can also install some new virus stealthily.
If you are installing free software and just skip installation process, you totally will that some additional program was installed too. Check every additional option while installation process, so you will see what you get after installation is complete. Look at “Advanced” option and cancel unwanted installation, this simple stem will protect you from virus attack in the future. According to Alexa.com this site is really popular, what mean this virus infect many users all over the world.
This site always tries to infect you with more viruses, so we highly recommend not to install anything from this site. The big mound of virus can steal personal information, logins or passwords or even destroy the whole system. We highly recommend to remove this malicious site from your computer immediately.
How to remove Geevv.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Geevv.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Geevv.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Geevv.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Geevv.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!