When GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) appears on your PC, you should be on the alert. It is a very dangerous item and it can affect what it wants in order to make money. We call it as a ransomware and after it is here, you have surrendered the command right to this stuff. When it is doing dangerous things, you have nowhere to claim for it. In this case, we strongly recommend you to get rid of it.
GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) is an item that you cannot ignore. It will encrypt all your files once it gets on the stage. And then, it will give the hint to contact them for tech help. It can incapacitate all the security applications which you rely on to recover your files, and that is also the reason why it could stay on your PC for long. Its developer will introduce himself as the only savior in this situation.
When GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) blocks your OS, it does it for the money revenue. If you agree to pay, it will never stop alerting you and blocking the system. That is why we recommend avoiding any interaction with the alarming messages. It is better to scan the system as fast as possible and eliminate the threat before it steals your credit card information and gets access to your money.
Users who suffer this will be eager to find methods to get away from GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt), and we think that the following guides will help you a lot. Anyway, please make a backup for your PC materials if they are important.
GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) removal guide
STEP 1. Remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) virus from the browser
First of all, GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt), and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt)!
Video guide on how to remove GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with GandCrab (Crab-Decrypt.txt) in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.