What is Findsmarter.com? In fact, it is a fake search engine. Of course, at first glance, the search engine looks like trustworthy app, however, it will display irrelevant data and useless advertisements. Also, the program may be installed without your authorization. All these signs are evidence that it is an unwanted program.
So, the app will promise to enhance the your experience online and it suggests to improve your search results. Actually, it is a lie. Though, this website hardly differs from reliable search engines like Yahoo or Google, but it aims to mislead users. Findsmarter.com virus will track and record your personal information and other data relating to users habits and activities online.
You should be aware, the developers of the app will promote this nasty hijacker with help false software. Once installed, the hijacker will change web browser settings without users knowledge or consent.
Step by step instructions how to remove Findsmarter.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Findsmarter.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Findsmarter.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Findsmarter.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Findsmarter.com virus from your browser
First of all, Findsmarter.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Findsmarter.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Findsmarter.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Findsmarter.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.