Fierozer classified as a new adware and potentially unwanted program (pup what often install stealthily and display many online ads. This tricky virus can infect all well-known browsers such as Edge, Opera, Mozila, Google Chrome and other. Never ignore threat like this and if you because you put your personal information in danger. This virus is really alike to another popular virus extension (unless it didn’t have search engine) – MyStartab extension and Oiejd Mia (oldfo.info) extension .
Fierozer Adware like Fierozer can be installed with other freeware what you get from the Internet. Always check what you are going to install and never allow to freeware to install with “Custom” options. The Simple rule what will save your PC from the future virus attack. After Fierozer become part of your system it begins to display huge mount of online ads such as pop-ups, banners and coupons every time you use your browser. Try to avoid this ad, because if you click on it you can be redirected to malicious sites where your computer can be infected with new viruses. Also, Fierozer can steal some your private information (IP addresses, Internet service provider, browsing details (websites visited, pages viewed, search queries, etc.) and transfer it to the third parties. It’s become real trouble when the creators of this adware get all your logins and passwords what you save in your browser. If you want to secure your computer, you should remove Fierozer immediate or be aware what someone can steal your personal information or destroy your computer from inside.
Fierozer hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Fierozer virus from the browser
First of all, Fierozer is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Fierozer, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Fierozer has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Fierozer hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 1. Remove Fierozer traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Fierozer!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Fierozer in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.