Fidonav.com is a low-quality engine that is identified as malicious Browser Hijacker whose main motive is to hijack the PC and help its creators for earning commission. It is capable to monitor your surfing habits and replace real search results by its own.
Fidonav.com will silently install some other dangerous viruses onto your computer to perform further damages secretly. This virus will display some bogus messages to your system screen so as to swindle you into its money related trap and collect your confidential information without letting you know.
You may infect your system with malign programs, purchase non-existent products, and so on. If you do not wish to suffer these consequences, you should avoid all ads until you terminate Fidonav.com. There are other symptoms that you are likely to notice after the hijacker takes over. It may cause redirects to unfamiliar sites, slow down your system and Internet surfing speed, etc. Moreover, the program is likely to use tracking cookies to collect data about you. Your browsing details can used for creating personalized ads and they can be sold to third parties. If you have no desire to share your information with unknown sources, you should get rid of Fidonav.com.
Fidonav.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Fidonav.com page from the browser
First of all, Fidonav.com is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Fidonav.com, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Fidonav.com has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Fidonav.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Fidonav.com traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Fidonav.com!
Video guide on how to remove Fidonav.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Fidonav.com in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.