Fast Search is browser extension what infects your computer and put R0.ru as your new homepage.R0.ru a web site what what looks like an average site with search engine and allow user to find what they need on the Internet. Unfortunately, both of them classified as potentially unwanted program and browser hijacker, these rogue apps employ a deceptive software marketing method called “bundling” to infiltrate Internet browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Safari and edge. This hijacker also can track your browsing activity and use this data against you.
Browser hijacker like Fast Search can be installed with other free program what you get from the Internet or if your system already infect with another virus. If you “Skip” installation, then you should be ready that something can be installed on your computer without your permission. In “Advanced” option you can find what exactly will be installed on your computer or even cancel unwanted installation. This simple rule can easily save your PC from virus attack in the future. This site always tries to infect you with more viruses, so we highly recommend not to install anything from this site. We highly recommend to remove this malicious site from your computer immediately.
How to remove Fast Search hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Fast Search hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Fast Search” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Fast Search hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Fast Search virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!