The ExcellentSearch.org page is another representative of browser hijackers. This kind of pages are spreading on millions of computers from all over the world and most users are not even know how they get inside. Due to its possible malicious activity, we advise you to remove such page as soon as possible.
Even though hijackers were discovered many years ago, cyber criminals still using them for their own goals. The ExcellentSearch.org page installs by using various methods like fake downloaders, bundles, wrapped installers, redirects and many other tricky and deceptive techniques. Besides that, hijackers may also be promoted as normal searching services on lots of official resources or even have its own websites for advertisements.
Regardless of the way of installation, once it is over, the ExcellentSearch.org hijacker page will start to appear inside of your default browser. During the installation of such pages, some of your browser settings have been changed to ExcellentSearch.org website, namely a homepage and a default search engine. Some hijackers also setting a new tab page as their website.
There are a lot of different ways on how hackers can use ExcellentSearch.org hijacker, but they all have one purpose – make some money. Websites like that can collect and store information on its users, from IP addresses and location to search queries. This will allow cyber criminals to modify their malicious program to modern trends or sell this information to third-party companies or people. These are the reasons why browser hijackers are dangerous and you should remove them as soon as you will be aware of their presence. To remove ExcellentSearch.org virus you just need to follow the removal instruction below.
How to remove ExcellentSearch.org hijacker?
If your computer is infected with ExcellentSearch.org hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “ExcellentSearch.org” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for ExcellentSearch.org hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with ExcellentSearch.org virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!