ExactSearch.org is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is classified as adware. It is advertised as a tool that can help you easily switch between search engines. It will also insert loads of advertisements into your browsers, which includes pop-ups, pop-under ads, banners, etc. It will not harm your computer as it is not malware but it should be noted that it can expose you to malicious computer viruses if you are not careful. There are two ways it could have entered your computer and that it either via free software bundles or you downloaded it from the official site. It aims to generate pay-per-click revenue for sponsored pages, so you will be exposed to very tempting ads. After all, it wants you to click on them. It is not difficult to switch between search engines without this program, so we suggest you delete ExactSearch.org.
Adware spreads using software bundles. If you have no recollection about downloading the extension yourself, then it used the bundling method to enter your computer. When you install free software, you need to pay close attention to the whole process. If anything has been added to the software you are installing, you should be informed about it. And if possible, use Advanced (Custom) settings. You will be allowed to deselect added items, and will be able to safely proceed to install the software. The reason why many users end up infecting their computers with these low-level threats is because they do not pay close attention to installation processes and use Default settings. Whichever way you installed it, you need to remove ExactSearch.org.
ExactSearch.org might seem helpful to some users, which is why they may have chosen to install it but making your browsing experience better is not its intention. The main goal of an adware application is to expose you to as many ads as possible so that you would click on them. The more clicks it gets, the more money it will earn. The ads might become more and more appealing as time goes by and that happens because adware collects information related to your likes and what you click on. The ads will appear on all browsers, be it Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. And the only way to get rid of them would be to delete ExactSearch.org from the system. The worrying thing about adware is that it can expose you to malicious content. You could end up with malware on your computer if you are not careful. That should be enough reason to remove ExactSearch.org.
Step by step instructions how to remove ExactSearch.org virus.
STEP 1. Remove ExactSearch.org virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove ExactSearch.org virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying ExactSearch.org browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove ExactSearch.org virus from your browser
First of all, ExactSearch.org is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove ExactSearch.org from your system completaly:
STEP 3. ExactSearch.org prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with ExactSearch.org virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.