The Eokomoko.online is a suspicious website that professes itself as a rightful search engine. It is undertaking to trick computer users is somehow plausible. Many web users fall victims to Eokomoko.online and it is now set as the default home page of their browser.
There will be no hazard except for outdone home page and default search engine. However, Eokomoko.online may convey more security risks when installed and run on the machine. First, Eokomoko.online was coded to monitor every user’s browsing routine. It documents visited websites, search terms, and personal data. Then, this adware logs every vital information such as personal details, online purchasing proceedings, and similar occurrences. An attacker can either use collected data or sell them to fraudulent advertising networks to be used as a reference when selling products online.
By claiming to be an ideal search engine but provides no actual benefit to end user, Eokomoko.online can be considered as malicious software. It hijacks the home page, start-up page, and new tab of popular programs as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. By assigning itself as default search engine, Eokomoko.online will begin to deliver advertisements in the major section of search results page.
Users are forced to use Eokomoko.online with the sole purpose of making an online profit. Similar to most home page hijackers, advertisers are paying Eokomoko.online developers for every referral or clicks it generates. Individual product sales traded on the same website is another source of revenue.
To reach more victims, Eokomoko.online and other similar adware is spread as a collection of programs merge into one file. The main application or host file are usually the most appealing of all. It can be a fake software update, download manager, free games, media player, and other in-demand apps.
Users are normally not aware that they are granting the installation of Eokomoko.online and other adware during the setup process of the main program. To make things worse, changes applied by most bundled software are irreversible. Complex procedures to remove them are necessary. Luckily, we are able to provide you with easy-to-follow steps and tools on this page.
Eokomoko.online hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Eokomoko.online page from the browser
First of all, Eokomoko.online is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Eokomoko.online, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Eokomoko.online has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Eokomoko.online hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Eokomoko.online traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Eokomoko.online!
Video guide on how to remove Eokomoko.online from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Eokomoko.online in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.