Tired to see My Email XP web page instead of your familiar home page every time when you launch your browser? You should know, there is something you should blame for such redirections, and it is hiding directly in your Chrome. My Email XP is the unwanted browser extension, which was probably installed on your PC without your knowledge or permission.
When infected with My Email XP, you probably have problems with the relevant search results. My Email XP often hijack the default search engine and set itself instead. Moreover, My Email XP will redirect you to the variety of malicious websites, show suspicious sponsored links and irritating ads and pop-ups. Do not click on such promoted junk, no way! All My Email XP ads are linked with the suspicious domains and may lead more dangerous infections into your system.
In fact, My Email XP is not a real virus. It is related to the potentially unwanted programs (PUP) category. By the way, such so called harmless programs may provoke your system to be vulnerable to much more dangerous cyber threats from all the web – such as ransomware, for example. So, the security experts strongly recommend all users bothered with My Email XP to uninstall it from the browser and system immediately.
Step by step instructions how to remove My Email XP virus.
STEP 1. Remove My Email XP virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove My Email XP virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying My Email XP browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove My Email XP virus from your browser
First of all, My Email XP is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove My Email XP from your system completaly:
STEP 3. My Email XP prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with My Email XP virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.