Economicalcalc is an extension that might enter your computer if you carelessly install free software. This is why it may be regarded as a browser hijacker. These kinds of unwanted items are attached to free software in a way that allows them to install alongside. In order to prevent these installations, you need to pay close attention to the process and manually deselect what has been added. Browser hijackers are not malicious and they generally aim to make income by exposing you to sponsored content. It may be following your browsing sessions and gathering certain kind of information about your browsing habits. We recommend that you delete Economicalcalc extension.
If you do not recall obtaining this plug-in from any legitimate/official web page, then it must have entered your computer together with free software. It was attached to it in a way that allows it to install alongside. In order to prevent this from happening, you need to use Advanced or Custom settings when installing free software. Those settings will allow you to deselect what has been added and you will be able to proceed to install the freeware safely. If you install a lot of freeware and rush through the processes, it would not be surprising if your computer would be full of these kinds of unwanted items. Whichever way you installed it, you should uninstall Economicalcalc extension.
If you did not install the extension yourself, the changes it will make might come as a surprise because you might not be asked to permit them. The thing about browser hijackers is that they not always allow you to change the settings back as long as they are installed on your computer. So if you realize that you cannot set a different homepage, you will have to delete Economicalcalc extension first. Your new homepage will have links to popular websites and a search bar allowing you easily access various search engines. It will still insert advertisements into the results so be careful not to click on them, as they might not be safe. Some hijackers are known to record certain information about users by following their browsing sessions. That information is then sold and adverts specifically for you are created using it. There are more reliable add-ons out there, so we suggest you uninstall Economicalcalc extension.
Step by step instructions how to remove Economicalcalc virus.
STEP 1. Remove Economicalcalc virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Economicalcalc virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Economicalcalc browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Economicalcalc virus from your browser
First of all, Economicalcalc is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Economicalcalc from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Economicalcalc prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Economicalcalc virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.