EC3 Europol symbol is used in ransomware lockers today
It is not correct to speak of EC3 Europol as a virus, of course. But the thing is that this is the way some scared and tricked users think of it. The reason for such unfair judgment is because EC3 Europol logo is widely used in the majority of ransomware programs today, ones that belong to the Urausy malware family. They have been noticed just recently, and the odds are that some users (their computers) have been already attacked by these scarewares.
There are various examples of ransomwares that use EC3 Europol symbolic. These lockers are of an international character, this means that depending on the target country the language of the locker will be different. However, the majority of the countries that belong to the European Union have already been bombarded by such malwares.
Again, it is a mistake to associate the ransomwares with EC3 Europol, in spite of the fact that its image is used in the locker interface. Instead, these desktop hijackers have been developed by the team of cyber frauds who want to trick users into believing that this is a real police warning. Hackers want users to share some of their funds with them, by means of indication of Ukash or Paysafecard voucher (PIN) codes, as a supposed fine for doing the online crimes they’ve never committed.
The only correct solution in case you see the ransomware with EC3 Europol logo is to ignore its scary notification and seek for the correct assistance on how to remove the source of this infection and unlock your computer. For this purpose please kindly follow the simple ransomware removal guidelines outlined below.
Ransomware unlocking procedure
Note! This tutorial is effective for all GreenDot MoneyPak, Ukash and Paysafecard ransomwares.
- Restart your computer and press F8 while it is restarting.
- Choose safe mode with networking.
- Press Start menu and select Run, or press [Win]+R on keyboard.
- Type msconfig
- Disable startup items rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data.
- Restart your system once again.
- Scan your system with GridinSoft Trojan Killer to identify file and delete it.
Some versions of these viruses disable all safe modes, but give a short gap that you can use to run anti-malware programs. Then do following:
- Reboot normally.
- Click Start and choose Run.
- Enter the text specified in the quotation below. If malware is loaded, just press Alt+Tab once and keep entering the string blindly then press Enter.
- Press Alt+tab and then R (letter) a couple of times. The process of ransomware virus should be killed after you succeed to download, install our recommended software and scan your PC with it.