Remove Crunchyroll ads
Crunchyroll is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that promotes itself as a legitimate tool that allows you to watch videos, play games and so on. If you have it installed on your computer, Crunchyroll is also the reason why you are seeing so many ads. They may come in all kinds of forms and at random times, and that is incredibly annoying.
Adware aims to make money by exposing you to ads, that is why you are seeing so many of them. Do bear in mind that not all of them will be secure. The ad-supported software does not filter through the ads to make sure none of them contain malicious elements so if you were to click on the wrong ad, you could end up in trouble. You could have also not chosen to install Crunchyroll ads. It could have been attached to free software as an additional item that you unintentionally installed. Whichever way you got it, we suggest you remove Crunchyroll ads before you end up with malware.
You either installed it yourself, thinking it would be useful to you, or it was attached to freeware that you installed. In the case of the latter, it was added as one of those extra offers that you can choose to install. They are set install alongside the freeware automatically and you would not even notice. If you want to avoid such unwanted installations, choose Advanced or Custom settings and deselect all the boxes that appear there. It’s either do that, or not install freeware from questionable sites at all. Initially deselecting everything that has been added is much easier than it would be to delete Crunchyroll ads or similar later.
Crunchyroll hijacker removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Crunchyroll virus from the browser
First of all, Crunchyroll is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Crunchyroll, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Crunchyroll has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Crunchyroll hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Crunchyroll traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Crunchyroll!
Video guide on how to remove Crunchyroll from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Crunchyroll in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.