Internet visitors who come across with Creeper alerts feel stress. The notifications appeal with the threatening messages. The threat that generates such alarms may even block the access to your computer till you pay some money to obtain an unlocking key. Unfortunately, that is not the end of the troubles with this computer threat. Once you agree to pay, you will have to do it more and more.
Creeper is an item that you cannot ignore. It will encrypt all your files once it gets on the stage. And then, it will give the hint to contact them for tech help. It can incapacitate all the security applications which you rely on to recover your files, and that is also the reason why it could stay on your PC for long. Its developer will introduce himself as the only savior in this situation.
When the money is received by hackers of Creeper, users will get the decryption keys for a while. But don’t rush to salute it because it will also hover around you to take another chance. It could do more harm to the doomed-and-gloomed users. It will bring in viruses, malware, and the recipients have to take them because the liability. You will find that it looms around your PC in the future.
If you want to rescue your PC and files urgently, we suggest you follow the remove guides here to get Creeper removed at first, and then you could recover your files with the common applications.
Creeper removal guide
STEP 1. Remove Creeper virus from the browser
First of all, Creeper is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Creeper, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Creeper has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Creeper hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
STEP 2. Remove Creeper traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Creeper!
Video guide on how to remove Creeper from the system:
STEP 3.How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Creeper in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.