This removal instruction will show you the CozyURL.com page, how it installs and why it is dangerous to keep it in your system. This page is considered as a browser hijacker that gets inside by using deceptive and sneaky installation methods. To avoid nasty complications with the CozyURL.com hijacker, it is advised to remove it as soon as you will be aware of its presence in your browser.
In order to make maximum profit from malicious programs, cyber criminals are using installation methods that are not very welcome by most users. They like to bundle their program with other cost-free software that can be easily downloaded from the internet be anyone. Hijackers like CozyURL.com are often pretending as legit searching services and developers promoting them by using viral advertisements and redirects.
After the successful installation of CozyURL.com hijacker, this page will start to appear in a browser every time someone tries to open it. The reason for that is that during the installation hijackers are tend to change some browser settings, namely a home page, searching provider or a new tab page. Your browser will show the URLs listed in these options and it will show them during the use of the browser. But there is also another trick that will redirect all home page on a particular URL, some hijackers can add parameters in browser shortcuts, the URL specified in the parameter will be displayed by the browser.
CozyURL.com looks like a simple search engine, but cyber criminals are using such page for their own advantage. Hijacker are able to collect information on their users and this data can be sold to third-party people or used by hackers to improve their malicious programs. These are the reasons why hijackers are dangerous and should be removed at once. To remove CozyURL.com hijacker page, follow the removal instruction below.
How to remove CozyURL.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with CozyURL.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “CozyURL.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for CozyURL.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with CozyURL.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!