Country Music Tab Extension does not come out of the blue. Its presence on browsers is the result of the installation of a suspicious browser extension. This add-on is compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome; however, Mozilla Firefox blocks it, so users see changes applied on one of their browsers, i.e. Google Chrome only. More specifically, this search tool changes a homepage and a New Tab URL on this browser, so it does not take long for users to notice the modifications.
Actually, some people do not find these changes surprising at all because they willingly download and install the extension from its official website. Of course, not all the users are glad to see that Country Music Tab Extension has occupied their browsers. In the humble opinion of our researchers, users should go to eliminate the Country Music Tab Extension browser extension and the search engine it promotes no matter they have installed it willingly or not. First of all, our IT guys have immediately understood that Country Music Tab Extension extension is not as beneficial as it claims to be. Unfortunately, this piece of software does not exactly do what it says, so a number of users get disappointed after its installation and, consequently, decide to eliminate it. We cannot blame those users because all this add-on does is set a new website Country Music Tab Extension, which looks like a legitimate search provider, as a homepage and New Tab.
Generally speaking, this extension is, basically, useless because all pages could be opened without its help too. Also, many users find the presence of a new search tool Country Music Tab Extension set on their browsers quite irritating. To make it gone, delete Country Music Tab Extension extension. Actually, users should erase this search tool not only because they find it annoying, but also to protect their systems from dangers the use of Country Music Tab Extension might pose.
Country Music Tab Extension hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Country Music Tab Extension page from the browser
First of all, Country Music Tab Extension is a browser hijackers, like many others (such as Onclkds.com, offers.boumio.com, hao.360.cn etc.). So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Country Music Tab Extension, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Country Music Tab Extension has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Country Music Tab Extension hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Country Music Tab Extension traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Country Music Tab Extension!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Country Music Tab Extension in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.