Convertmypdf.co (http://www.convertmypdf.co/homepage/homepage.html?id=) can looks legitimate like Trotux.com or Amisites.com and user even didn’t suspect a thing. On the first look, Convertmypdf.co is nothing more than just a website with search engine what allows user find anything on the Internet or convert their files to PDF format. But if you have a closer look you will see that Convertmypdf.co is not so good and clean. This browser hijacker that often installs stealthily and bring many changes to your browser. The worst part is that Convertmypdf.co can easily infect many well known browsers such as Edge, Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Safari and Internet Explorer, so every time you go online you will effect of this tricky virus.
Browser hijacker like Convertmypdf.co can be installed with other free program what you get from the Internet or if your system already infect with another virus. Always check a very additional options and never allow app install with “Custom” options. Don’t trust to homepage if it appears without any notification in your browser. This simple step allows you to save your computer from virus in the future.
After Convertmypdf.co becomes part of your system you will be redirected to it every time you go online, your default search engine will be changed too, so you will visit this malicious site every time you open your browser or search for some information via the Internet. Never allow to download any program from this site or your computer will be infected with more viruses and you can lose the whole system in no time. We highly recommend to remove this threat as fast as you can.
How to remove Convertmypdf.co hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Convertmypdf.co hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Convertmypdf.co” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Convertmypdf.co hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Convertmypdf.co virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!