BirdFinds.com is categorized as a browser hijacker that installs to a Microsoft Windows computer and infects Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Internet Explorer as a browser add-on, browser helper object (BHO), and extension with or without user consent.
BirdFinds.com seems like a usual and trusted search engine with fancy bird logo. Unfortunately, it is no true. This site shows you sponsored results first, redirects you to partners’ websites, shows lots of ads nd so on. It is hard to define which site is real search result and which one is sponsored. Moreover, it collects your personal information like browser history, accounts, passwords and so on. That is why ads and sponsored websites are really interesting for you. The worst part – this hijacker can get access to your banking account information.
BirdFinds.com was attached to some free program you got from the Internet and you missed it when you installed that program. Next time you install anything, pay close attention to the process and read all the information provided.
Step by step instructions how to remove BirdFinds.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove BirdFinds.com virus from the system
First of all, BirdFinds.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove BirdFinds.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying BirdFinds.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove BirdFinds.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove BirdFinds.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. BirdFinds.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with BirdFinds.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.