My-bing.com is a browser hijacker that is targeted towards all OS users. The page itself may not look like a typical browser hijacker, but it does function like one. It replaces your browser settings, inserts adverts into your pages, causes redirects, and more. The hijacker spreads online through free software bundles. It is aimed at boosting web traffic and that is why it makes the already-mentioned symptoms. The hijacker cannot damage your PC on its own, however, it can expose you to unsafe online content. If you are a security-minded computer user, you should eliminate this hijacker from your browsers.
My-bing.com hijacker switches your homepage and default search engine to My-bing.com. This page presents your with a search box, quick access buttons, weather report, and lots of links to various articles. Quick access buttons lead to social media pages. The articles are divided into various categories including News, Travel, Sports, Science, and so on. As for the search box, if you make use of it, you will get rerouted to Google page.
My-bing.com inserts pop-ups, banners, links, and other ads into your visited sites. It does not matter what the page is about, it will still contain the advertisements. The hijacker will also cause redirects to its sponsor pages. You will notice these symptoms in all of your browsers. You will also notice that your Internet surfing speed has decreased. In order to eliminate these inconveniences, you will have to terminate it.
Step by step instructions how to remove My-bing.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove My-bing.com virus from the system
First of all, My-bing.com is a browser extension, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove My-bing.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying My-bing.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove My-bing.com virus from your browser
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove My-bing.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. My-bing.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with My-bing.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.