If you have discovered your Google Chrome browser to be stuck with Bettersearchtools.com ( Bettersearchtools.com) and do not know how to get rid of it, then you’ve definitely come to the right place. There are, in fact, many other active Internet surfers who keep facing the wide range of such pretty intrusive and definitely annoying redirections to take place. The hijacker will open Bettersearchtools.com page whenever you start your browser and will additionally reveal itself when you try to open new blank tabs through your browser. It is strongly not recommended for you to surf the web through it since the hijacker is involved in regularly spying over your browsing activities in order to transfer this information to third parties for various illegal purposes. Instead, what you should do is to carefully follow this guide below explaining how to fix your system infected by malware.
Bettersearchtools.com with each single attack on specific computer modifies several parameters of an infected browser, such as its home page and default search engine settings. It will cause Internet surfers to encounter Bettersearchtools.com by MyWay page instead of google.com or other start page defined specifically by the computer owner. Additionally, all search queries made by a user will be redirected to some third-party pages, instead of rendering search results via decent search engines. Finally, opening new tabs in browsers may automatically reveal the page of the hijacker, instead of a blank tab.
The reason why Bettersearchtools.com keeps disturbing your attention is that it is additionally protected by a lot of other third-party programs which were installed to prevent you from getting rid of the hijacker in an easy way. This could be some service running in the background which you can’t easily find. Alternatively, certain browser hijackers modify Desktop shortcuts and quick launch items related to specific browsers, thus adding extra attributes for browsers to start with Bettersearchtools.com, even if the home page settings do not contain any third-party settings at all.
Step by step instructions how to remove Bettersearchtools.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove Bettersearchtools.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove Bettersearchtools.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying Bettersearchtools.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove Bettersearchtools.com virus from your browser
First of all, Bettersearchtools.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove Bettersearchtools.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. Bettersearchtools.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with Bettersearchtools.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.