BarQuery.com is referred to as browser hijacker, which is absolutely correct way of describing its actions. It changes the home page of your browser to start with BarQuery.com. It may easily infect Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and possibly some other browsers. Often it is spread together with Chromium open source installer, which in its turn is regularly bundled with many free programs. And when Chromium browser gets installed it will be set automatically as a default one using BarQuery.com as a startup page.
BarQuery.com and BarQuery.com have been advertised by their developers as an innovative search engine which is supposed to furnish you with the most relevant search results. Whereas in reality it is absolutely good for noting when it comes to obtaining any decent answers to your queries. Instead, the hijacker has been designed specifically to play the role of spyware and adware in your PC. Here is what it does:
BarQuery.com hijacker, in conjunction with some other malicious applications in your PC, additionally causes many other troubles for your computer. For example, it makes your browser to regularly spew out annoying pop-ups and redirect you to all kinds of malicious places in the web. As a result, your computer may become infected with tons of other malicious utilities.
Step by step instructions how to remove BarQuery.com virus.
STEP 1. Remove BarQuery.com virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove BarQuery.com virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying BarQuery.com browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove BarQuery.com virus from your browser
First of all, BarQuery.com is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove BarQuery.com from your system completaly:
STEP 3. BarQuery.com prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with BarQuery.com virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.