We call AVBoost.exe as a Trojan. The main component of AVBoost is to open the backdoor for virus and hackers as its name implies. It is more than dangerous to your PC only. And it will carry on the scam to directly elicit money for. What is more, it will secretly get into your PC and set barriers for users removing it. And it is a very irritating but malicious application, and we don’t think it is a good idea to keep it anyway.
The AVBoost will be brought by many ways. And most of the time it is blamed for the spam emails, porn sites or fake download links. For example, when you are reminded that you have received an email from some Mr. Bigs, you will sure be eager to open it and check the attachment. And the installing trigger hides on the attachment. When you open it, it is run automatically. You have no chance to choose no in that time and you will never know this happen since it will clear up the trace later.
After this virus appears on your PC you will find this file on the computer:
And this what you can find if you check your registry:
- HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run!AV Boost
Speaking about Trojans like AVBoost, there are a lot of information that simple user may not know. Such programs are able to do tons of damage to the infected system and to a person who uses it. These viruses are created for purposes of data collections like passwords, IP addresses, credit card requisites and so on. Innocent users with limited knowledge will suffer from AVBoost.exe and other similar viruses.
Step by step instructions how to remove AVBoost virus.
STEP 1. Remove AVBoost virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove AVBoost virus:
- Now your system is free from annoying AVBoost browser extension!
STEP 2. Remove AVBoost virus from your browser
First of all, AVBoost is a virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove AVBoost from your system completaly:
STEP 3. AVBoost prevention
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with AVBoost virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.