apptrailers.exe stands for a malicious process which may be enabled and running in your computer. It may be even traced through the Task Manager, however, removing this process is not an easy undertaking if you want do accomplish this task manually. In this guide you will find more information specifically regarding apptrailers.exe process, its role within your PC and ways of its effective elimination from the system.
The purpose of apptrailers.exe service is to prevent you from changing the home page of your browser back to decent parameters. You might try to change it to google.com or some other genuine startup page, but each time you do it you will notice that after restarting your browser the same hijacker comes up. This is explained by activity of apptrailers.exe service, which is extremely malicious.
When you have apptrailers.exe processes permanently running in your computer you will definitely be fed up with the way your PC operates. First of all, it will work extremely sluggish. You will not be able to use it freely without permanent redirections to random third-party sites. As a result, your PC may eventually start freezing dramatically.
We recommend you to remove apptrailers.exe malicious program and the entire AppTrailers browser hijacker automatically from your PC by carefully scanning the system with a powerful anti-spyware software as clearly explained in the rest of the guide below.. We recommend you to remove apptrailers.exe malicious program and the entire AppTrailers browser hijacker automatically from your PC by carefully scanning the system with a powerful anti-spyware software as clearly explained in the rest of the guide below.
Automatic removal tool for apptrailers.exe:
Click here to download latest version of GridinSoft Anti-Malware
Removal instruction for apptrailers.exe:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
- In GridinSoft Anti-Malware click on “Tools” and then on “Reset browser settings“:
- Follow the instructions, select browsers you need to be reset, and click on “Reset” button. Finally, restart your computer to apply all made changes:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with apptrailers.exe virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected by apptrailers.exe:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of malicious programs that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!
Portable anti-malware scanner
By the way, if you want to use the portable version of GridinSoft anti-malware scanner, we are happy to represent you the Trojan Killer Portable. Especially for your memory stick – be sure that your private data is safe wherever you go! Feel free to try it now: