Traffic-media.co is a website what help find anything in the Interned and have its own search algorithm. But as always, it’s just another browser hijacker. This site provides many coupons and sales while you are using it. Unfortunately Traffic-media.co can easily infect all kinds of browsers include Google Chrome, Opera, Mozila, Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer and others. This hijacker will change some setting so you will see Traffic-media.co (or any else malicious site) as your new home page, your search engine will be changed and the most awful thing is that Traffic-media.co will also install small programs with it what can also install some new virus stealthily.
If you are installing free software and just skip installation process, you totally will that some additional program was installed too. This very common technique what often uses adware or malware. Always check “Advanced” option, so you can cancel installations of unwanted programs. This site can appear as your new homepage after you installed free software from the internet. Almost all free software has “secrets” what you can if you carefully check all “Advanced”options while installation process. This simple step can save your computer in the future – always check every window!
So after Traffic-media.co becomes part of your system you will receive many pop-ups, banners or coupons every time you go online. It’s really annoying. In addition, this hijacker can track your browsing activity and create pop-ups or banners more specific for you, so you click on it with higher chance. We highly recommend to remove Traffic-media.co after you was redirected to it for the first time!
Traffic-media.co hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Traffic-media.co page from the browser
First of all, Traffic-media.co is a browser hijackers, like many others. So, here is the simple way to remove them from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Traffic-media.co, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Traffic-media.co has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that Traffic-media.co hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Traffic-media.co traces from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed Traffic-media.co!
Video guide on how to remove Betternewtabsearch.com from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Traffic-media.co in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.