There are a lot of website on the internet that can do some serious damage to your computer. The amisites.com page is one of such websites. Cyber criminals are using deceptive and tricky installation ways to install this page on thousands of computers from all over the world and after that, this page will start to pop-up.
The amisites.com page is considered as a browser hijacker, because of the installation way and the behavior afterward. This hijacker is a result of the infection with Adware.ELEX family of adware programs. Also, hijackers like that are spreading through bundles, wrapped downloaders, fake program advertisements and email spam messaging. Cyber criminals also trying to promote such hijackers as legit services and make users believe in this.
After the successful installation of the amisites.com hijacker, it will change some of your browser settings in order to make it open http://www.amisites.com page every time you start your browser. This page contains various ads to promote different products and services, it is disguising itself as a search engine. This page changes the results making them less relevant by injecting ads there. Clicking on these ads can be very dangerous because most of them can redirect you to potentially viral and phishing pages. On these pages, you can be fool into the download of a fake program that will appear to be malware. This is why you should remove amisites.com hijacker as soon as you will be aware of its presence inside of your system. Follow the removal guide below to do that.
How to remove amisites.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with amisites.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “amisites.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Amisites.com hijacker removal guide
Step1. Remove Amisites.com hijacker from the browser
Here is the simple way to remove Amisites.com hijacker from the browser and get your homepage and search engine back. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft:
- Reset Browser Setting is a tool, included to the complex anti-malware program. So, first of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware (here or from the product page):
- Open the Tools tab on the top menu. Choose the Reset Browser Settings tools from the list:
- Select the browser, which is infected by Amisites.com hijacker, and options, that you need to reset, and just do it! (Please, be aware, that this procedure will close all instances of the selected browsers, and save your work in them before clicking on the “Reset” button):
- When this process is done, you’ll see such screen. It means, that your browser settings are default now and Amisites.com hijacker has been removed from your browser:
Video guide on how to reset browser automatically:
BUT!! Unfortunately, it doesn’t mean that amisites.com hasn’t installed some malicious software directly in your system. So, we strongly recommend every user, who has the same problem, to scan his computer after the browser resetting and make sure, that PC is clean and safe.
Step2. Remove Amisites.com hijacker from the system
- Go back to the GridinSoft Anti-Malware main screen and choose the scan type:
- Scan your computer system:
- After the scan is completed, you will see if there is any adware on your PC. Remove the detected items by clicking on the “Apply” button:
- Finally, this window is a proof of your system’s absolutely cleanness. You removed amisites.com!
Video guide on how to remove Amisites.com hijacker from the system:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Amisites.com hijacker in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore this file” button. In case, if you want to terminate malicious program, you must select “Confirm”.