YouTube ads can appear after you install some kind of potentially unwanted extension. Many users report that they got “Betternet Unlimited Free VPN Proxy” or some VPN-related apps before they notice millions ads all over the Chrome or any other browser. Alike virus (extension) can infect all well-known browsers such as Edge, Opera, Mozila, Google Chrome and other. Also, many adware of such type can track your browsing activity and use it against you.
So after such infected extension becomes part of your system you will find many online ads (pop-ups, banners, coupons), most of them abusive or disgusting and you can find it anywhere like on your homepage or on the YouTube homepage. All this ad is really dangerous, so try to avoid them no matter what they offer.
Almost all of them will redirect you to a malicious site where your computer will be bombarded with new viruses. If you want to protect your personal information and your PC you should remove any unknown browser extension and follow the steps below to clean up your PC.
Step by step instructions how to remove dangerouse virus.
STEP 1. Remove virus from the system
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Trojan Killer (here or from the product page):
- Return to main screen and choose the type of scan.
- Start the scan and wait untill it`s finished:
- After the scan is completed, you need to click on “Cure PC!” button to remove ads from your browser:
- Now your system is free from annoying extension what display this ads!
STEP 2. Remove virus from your browser
First of all, YouTube ads appear if your PC infected with virus what can be realy dangerous. So, here is the simple way to remove them from your computer. You just need to reset your browser settings. To do this automatically and for free, you can use the Reset Browser Settings tool from GridinSoft.
- Open the program and click on the Reset browser settings button.
- Select when options you want to reset and press “Reset“
Wait untill Trojan Killer sets selected options to the default state. Successful results will be checked with green checkmark.
Video guide bellow display how to remove ads from your system completaly:
STEP 3. How to prevent ads
- Avoid advertisements, you shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups in your browser, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email, attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Don’t download or open such attachments they can be infected with adware of malware!
- Surfing the internet, there are millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Pay attention to what you install, there are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceding further!
By following this removal instruction we hope you will deal with YouTube ads virus once and for all. In case you have any problems or this virus is still inside, leave a comment below or contact our Support Team.