The Search.searchglnn.com is a website that looks like a search engine and most users are consider it that way, but this page is a browser hijacker that is owned by cyber criminals and serves for their own malicious purposes. Which is why this page may lead to serious troubles on your system, it is advised to deal with it as soon as you will be aware of its presence.
This type of viruses is quite common among hackers because it allows them to collect valuable information and then use it to make a more effective strategy of infection. This is the main purpose of most browser hijackers. But in order to make that happen, owners need to spread page like Search.searchglnn.com among as many users as possible. To do that, they are using tricks like wrapped downloaders, spam messaging, bundling with other programs, viral advertising and other.
After the installation, the Search.searchglnn.com page will start to appear in your browser. Generally, hijackers are set as home pages and default search providers in order to make your browser always use this page and open it on every start. Also, sometimes these pages are able to add parameters in browser shortcuts. In these parameters, they can specify actions that will be performed during the start of a browser. They can change any setting or set a redirection of all home pages on a particular viral website. These are the reasons why Search.searchglnn.com hijacker can be dangerous for your browser and advised for removal as soon as possible. In this removal guide we will show you how to do it, just follow the steps below.
How to remove Search.searchglnn.com hijacker?
If your computer is infected with Search.searchglnn.com hijacker, it is most likely that your computer is also infected with other malicious and unwanted programs that may cause some serious damage. That is why we advise you to remove “Search.searchglnn.com” hijacker with properly fit removal tool. GridinSoft Anti-Malware was developed to help users to remove infections without any problems.
Removal instruction for Search.searchglnn.com hijacker:
- First of all, you need to download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Run to scan your computer system with it.
- Shut down all your available browsers.
Video explains how to reset your browser using GridinSoft Anti-Malware:
How to prevent your PC from being reinfected with Search.searchglnn.com virus in the future.
GridinSoft Anti-Malware offers excellent solution which may help to prevent your system from being contaminated with malware ahead of time. This feature is referred to as “On-Run Protection”. By default, it is disabled once you install the software. To enable it, please click on “Protect” button and press “Start” as demonstrated below:
The useful and interesting function may allow people to prevent install of malicious software. It means, when you will try to install some suspicious file, On-Run Protection will block this installation attempt ahead of time. NOTE! If users want to allow the dangerous program to be installed, they may choose “Ignore always” button. In case, if you want to terminate a malicious program, you must select “Block always”.
Simple tips you must follow to decrease chances of being reinfected:
- Advertisements. You shouldn’t click on any ads and pop-ups on websites, this can lead to the redirection on potentially viral pages!
- Spam messages from email. Attached files in emails can appear to be malicious in most cases. Consequences for this will be infection with malware or adware program. Don’t download or open such attachments!
- Surfing the internet. There are thousands and millions of phishing website on the internet. Each one of them can be very dangerous for your computer. Avoid such pages, try only reliable and trusted websites!
- Using anti-virus programs. It is essential to use protection program that won’t let any viruses to get inside even if you will make any mistake.
- Scan your computer from time to time. A lot of trojans and viruses may infect your computer without you even noticing it. That is why you should perform a scan at least once a week. In GridinSoft Anti-Malware you can do this automatically, you just need to set up a “Scheduled Scan” in “Settings” tabs.
- Pay attention to what you install. There are tons of hijackers and malicious program that are being installed through bundled applications and downloaders. Don’t install any suspicious program and files, always check signer before proceeding further!
That is all! Leave your comments and questions below, or use our ticket system to make contact with our professional support team. We will gladly help you!